The 50 Amazing World Facts – The Rubik’s Cube was invented in Hungary. To South Africa is called the “Rainbow Nation” because it has 11 official languages. Here at Pickon, Brush up your global knowledge with these 50 amazing facts about these countries given below.
- The Rubik’s Cube was invented in Hungary. The self-named puzzle was invented by Ernő Rubik in 1974.
- Monaco may be world-famous for its casinos, but by law, citizens of Monaco are not actually allowed to gamble.
- Afghanistan changed its flag 18 times during the 20th century and four more since then with its current flag having been used since 2013.
- India has the largest postal network in the world. It has more than 155,000 post offices
- The world’s first hospital train Lifeline Express is in service in Mumbai since 16 July 1991.
- Delhi’s Khari Baoli is the world’s largest spice market.
- Chess originated in northern India in the 6th century AD.
- USB was developed by an Indian-American computer architect Ajay V. Bhatt.
- Japan is the country with the biggest number of vending machines in the world – it has more than 5 million! You can buy anything there, from hot coffee to umbrellas and toilet paper.
Countries With The Most Supercomputers
- The biggest Japanese community outside of Japan is in Brasil.
- The World’s Oldest Company operated in Japan from 578 AD to 2006. Kongō Gumi Co., Ltd.
- The city of Edo formally changed its name to Tokyo, meaning “eastern capital”, in 1868.
- Japanese railways are among the most punctual in the world. The average delay on the Tokaido Shinkansen in fiscal 2018 was 0.7 minutes.
- In 2004, Trump co-founded a company called Trump University that sold real estate training courses priced at between $1,500 and $35,000.
- The current U.S. flag was designed by a high school student – Robert G. Heft.
- The U.S. Library of Congress had been archiving every single public tweet that Americans shared until 2018.
- Boston created the first subway system in America on September 1, 1897.
- Almost half the world’s credit card frauds happen in the U.S.
- More than 40% of the world’s soccer balls are produced in the city of Sialkot in Pakistan.
Countries With The Most Billionaires
- In Brazil, bottlenose dolphins help fishers catch fish. People can’t see anything in the murky waters. When dolphins notice fish, they give a signal by diving or slapping their tails.
- Nigeria has its own film industry known as Nollywood. It’s the second-largest in the world in terms of movie output.
- The Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt is the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It’s also the only one that’s still standing.
- Germany was the first country to launch a magazine. It happened in 1663. It was a literary and philosophical edition.
- The world’s largest diamond was found in South Africa in 1905. It was a 3,106-carat stone called the “Cullinan.” It weighed as much as a basketball.
- Spain is home to the world’s oldest restaurant. It was opened in 1725 in Madrid by a French cook.
- Argentina was the first country to identify a criminal by their fingerprints.
- Apple DNA analysis implies that this fruit originated in the mountains of Kazakhstan.
- The Netherlands is also known as “Low Lands” because a large part of the country is below sea level.
- Greece is home to the world’s oldest olive tree – and it still produces olives! The tree grows in Crete and is 2,000 to 4,000 years old.
Evolution of Money
- The Maldives holds the record for the flattest country in the world. Its highest elevation is 8 feet above sea level.
- South Africa is called the “Rainbow Nation” because it has 11 official languages.
- Antarctica is about 1.3 times as large as Europe.
- The 50 Amazing World Facts – Nepal is the birthplace of Buddhism.
- The African nation of Mozambique has an AK-47 assault rifle on its flag.
- 90% of all the rice in the world is consumed in Asia.
- 90% of the world’s fresh water is in Antarctica.
- 66% of the world’s chocolate comes from Africa.
- The World’s Oldest Sperm was discovered in Antarctica: 50-million-year-old sperm cells from a worm.
- Australia exports camels to Saudi Arabia.
Future Of The Universe
- Canada has the third-largest oil reserves of any country in the world after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
- Canada is the world’s most educated country, over half its residents have college degrees.
- The U.S./Canada border is the longest international border in the world and it lacks military defense.
- Americans have invaded Canada twice, in 1775 and 1812. They lost both times.
- The first gas lamp was invented in Lviv, Ukraine.
- Peru has more pyramids than Egypt.
- The 50 Amazing World Facts – There are no rivers in Saudi Arabia.
- 20% of China’s plants are used in medicine.
- The sale of chewing gum in Singapore has been illegal since 1992.
- GPS is controlled and owned by the American Government and can be ‘switched off’ at any time.