Rajasthan Best Tourist Places – Rajasthan is known for its beautiful palaces, temples, and the forts. The state has some of the most amazing places to visit. if you like to explore these places, then you should definitely plan a trip to Rajasthan.
Here are some best places to see in Rajasthan.
Chittorgarh Fort – A UNESCO World Heritage Site
1. Chittorgarh Fort is located in Rajasthan, India. It was built in the 7th Century, also known as the capital of Mewar.
2. The Fort covers around 693 acres, and contains many palaces, 19 large temples, mosques, tombs, and gates. There are 7 gates over 2 towers inside the fort.
3. The fort was listed as a “UNESCO world heritage site” in 2013, because of its historical value.
4. The fort once belonged to the Rathors, who were a princely family who ruled the area.
5. The fort is home to many species of birds, including peacocks.
6. Today, the fort is open to tourists and visitors.
7. There are many palaces and temples to visit inside the fort.
- Goddess Tulja Bhavani Temple
- Meera and Kumbha Shyam Temples
- Tower of Victory
- Padmini Palace
- Suraj pol
8. There are several gardens inside the fort.
9. The fort is open daily from 9 am to 6 pm.
Pushkar Fair – One of India’s largest religious fairs
Rajasthan Best Tourist Places: The Pushkar Fair is held annually at the town of Pushkar in Ajmer, Rajasthan, India. It is considered to be one of the world’s oldest religious festivals. The festival takes place in mid October – November, Pushkar Fair, also known as the camel fair.
How to get to Pushkar?
There are many ways to reach Pushkar. You can take a flight from Delhi to Jaipur, then drive to Pushkar. Alternatively, you can take a train from New Delhi to Ajmer, then drive to Pushker.
What to do in Pushkar?
Pushkar is famous for its temples and fairs. There are several temples in Pushkar, including
- Brahma Temple
- Varaha Temple
- Rangji Temple
- Raghunath Temple
- Mahadeva Temple
- Saraswati Temple
- Apteshwar Temple
Where to stay in Pushkar?
You can choose between staying in the old walled city or outside the old walled city, depending on what you prefer. If you decide to stay in the old walled area, you should consider staying at Hotel Pushkar Palace.
What to eat in Pushkar?
In Pushkar, you can try delicious food from different parts of India. Try the local specialties, like the Thaliya, a sweet dish made of jaggery and coconut milk. Other popular dishes include the Paneer Tikka, a curry made with cottage cheese; and the Aloo Tikki, potato stuffed with spiced vegetables.
Best time to visit Pushkar?
Best time to visit Pushkar; November to February.
Mount Abu – A hill station with beautiful temples and gardens
Mount Abu – Sirohi
Rajasthan Best Tourist Places: Mount Abu is located in the state of Rajasthan in India. It is a popular tourist destination. it is known for its lush green forests, waterfalls, and ancient temples. It is a great place to visit if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
There are many temples in Mount Abu including the famous:
- Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple
- Dilwara Temples
- Arbuda Devi Temple
- Raghunath Temple
- Gaumukh Temple
- Swaminarayan Temple
The gardens in Mount Abu are quite beautiful. You can take a walk along the garden pathways and enjoy the beauty of the greenery surrounding you. If you are lucky, you might even spot some deer or peacocks wandering about.
If you are looking for a refreshing dip, then head over to the waterfall at Mount Abu. There are several places where you can swim and relax.
Mount Abu is a hill station and not a town. However, it does have shops, restaurants, hotels, and accommodation options. Most people who visit Mount Abu stay here for a few days.
You may see wild boars roaming freely in the forest area of Mount Abu. Other animals that you may spot include leopards, jackals, monkeys, and foxes.
Kumbhalgarh Fort – An old fortress town
1. Kumbhalgarh fort was built in the 15th century by Rana Kumbha “1458 AD of the Marwar region”. He was a ruler who ruled over many territories including Malwa, Sambhar, Ajmer, Ranthambore and Dungarpur.
2. The fort is located about 84 km north of Udaipur city. It is situated on top of a hillock, which is surrounded by a thick forest. The Kumbhalgarh fort has the second largest wall in Asia at over 38 km.
3. The fort is divided into three parts namely; outer wall, middle wall and inner wall. The outer wall is made of stone and brick and is 4 meters high. The middle wall consists of bricks and mud while the inner wall is made of stone.
4. There are seven gates and 360 temples inside the fort.
5. The fort is well maintained, plus visitors can enjoy the beauty of the place.
6. The fort has been declared as a protected monument by the Archeological Survey Of India.
7. The fort is open daily except Monday between 9 am – 6 pm. Entry fee is INR 15 for citizens of India. For foreigners, it is INR 200 per person.
8. The fort is located near the village of Kumbhalgarh. You need to take permission from the local administration before visiting the place.
9. The nearest railway station is Udaipur City Railway Station.
10. The nearest airport is Udaipur Airport.
11. The nearest bus stop is Kumbhalgarh Bus Stop.
12. The nearest market is Udaipur Market.
Udaipur – Home to Lake Pichola and Jag Mandir Palace
Rajasthan Best Tourist Places: Udaipur is known as the city of lakes. There are several lakes located around the city giving it its name. These include Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaisagar Lake, Rajsamand Lake and Jaisamand Lake.
Udaipur is also home to the famous Jagdish Temple. The temple was built by Maharana Jagat Singh, who was a great patron of art and culture. Today, the temple is still regarded as one of the finest examples of Rajput architecture.
The Udaipur fort was constructed by Maharana Udai Singh II in 1559. He wanted to protect himself from the Mughal forces who were trying to conquer his kingdom. The palace consists of three parts; the first section has been converted into luxury hotels, while the second section houses museums and galleries. The third section is still intact today and serves as the royal residence of the Maharajas of Mewar.
Saheliyon ki Bari
Saheliyon ki bari is a garden in the center of Udaipur that is considered one of the best botanical gardens in India. The garden features many rare species of flowers and plants that represent Indian flora and fauna. It also has beautiful sculptures and architectural monuments. One of the most popular attractions is the floating garden which consists of small ponds filled with lotus flower pads. Visitors can sit on them and relax. At night, the ponds are lit up with lights.
Hanuman ghat is a place of worship which is dedicated to Hindu monkey god Hanuman. Located at the banks of holy river Yamuna, the ghat is one of the oldest religious places in the city. Devotees visit the ghat to offer prayers. In the evening, people gather here to enjoy live music performances.
Swarg Ashram is a spiritual retreat located on the outskirts of Udaipur. It was renowned for its meditation halls and ashrams. The ashram is open to devotees interested in practicing yoga.
This temple is dedicated to lord Vishnu, who is worshiped by both Hindus and Jains. Jagdish Temple is one of the few temples where only vegetarian food is offered to the devotees.
Udayagiri hill is a historical landmark of Udaipur which is regarded as a sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus. Many pilgrims visit the hill to take a holy dip in the lake situated at the top.
The Jaipur city was founded in 1727 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II. The city is home to many historical sites, including the famous City Palace Museum.
City Palace Museum
Rajasthan Best Tourist Places: The museum is located inside the palace grounds and features exhibits dedicated to the history of the royal family. The museum is divided into three sections: the first section focuses on the Mughal era, the second on the Marwaris (the rulers of Amber) and the third on the present day. There are several galleries featuring paintings, sculptures, weapons, musical instruments, and jewelry. The museum also includes a small zoo with animals native to India.
The Hawa Mahal translates to “Palace of Winds”. It was built using pink sandstone. Each level represents a different wind direction and is decorated with intricate carvings of floral patterns. The building was constructed around 1799 AD by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh.
The Jal Mahal translates to ‘Water Palace’. It is a small island situated in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake.
Amer fort is a massive sandstone fortress in Jaipur. Construction began in 1592 under the reign of Raja Man Singh. The fort was designed to protect the residents of Jaipur from invasions by Afghan tribes.
The Nahargarh Fort is a huge stone fort near Jaipur, built in 1734. The fort stands at a height of 400 meters above the ground which is surrounded by Aravalli Mountain.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings